- Communities to Explore
- Getting Around
- Sample Itineraries
- Community Contacts
- Travel Media/Press Help
- Free Vacation Guides
- Southeast Trails
- Lutheran Church Rummage and Bake Sale – Annual harbinger of Spring. Petersburg’s largest yard sale. Not to mention, excellent baked goods, soups and stew available for purchase.
- Blessing of the Fleet – Annual blessing and sendoff of Petersburg’s fishing fleet, one of the largest in Southeast Alaska, is held the First Sunday in May.
- Little Norway Festival – Petersburg’s celebration of Syttende Mai (May 17th) is our BIG festival with food, arts/crafts booths, parade, pageant, seafood feasts, music, and of course, Vikings and Valkyries.
- Salmon Derby – Memorial Day Weekend – Over $30,000 in prizes awarded each year.
- Canned Salmon Classic - The Classic is a contest to guess the number of cans of salmon canned during the season by Petersburg canneries. First Prize as high as $3,000 cash! Proceeds support college scholarship fund. Contest runds from July 1st to August 16th.
- Fourth of July – Petersburg’s old time Independence Day celebration features concessions, carnival games, steet games and contests, logging competition and a wonderful fireworks display.
- Tongass Rainforest Festival - bringing participants closer to the natural world through education, exploration and the arts while learning more about our rainforest and the ocean that surrounds it. Events include lectures, walking tours, workshops, and visiting artists and authors. The festival is held the second weekend in September.
- Summer Triathlon Spring - swim 500 yards, bike 10 miles and run 2.5 miles. Enter as an individual or as a team.
- The Market – Buy locally grown produce, home made baked goods and craft items. Every other Saturday during the summer months.
- Octoberfest Celebration – a month long celebration of arts and food, including concerts, gallery walks, art shows, arts and crafts fair, brew fest, chili cook-off, and even a kid’s go-cart race.
- Festival of Lights – Annual lighting of the community Christmas tree is preceded by a light parade.
- Fall Triathlon Sprint - Swim 500 yards, bike 10 miles and run 2.5 miles.
- Neighborhood Christmas Decorating Contest – From subtle to spectacular, residents, businesses and boat owners decorate the community for the holidays.
- Julebukking – Downtown streets fill with bundled shoppers as, in keeping with tradition, local merchants offer customers food and spirits in appreciation of their business that year.